Unread 22nd July 2016
eurostarlight7's Wawa
eurostarlight7
Toddler Wawa
eurostarlight7 has reputation level 1
Default to hell with guarding

unquote: -

Re: what's guard
Guard means players who have loads of cards left but have a chance of winning but the player next to you only has 1 card left but you're expected to prevent the player with 1 card left from winning.

Yes the rule only applies to you sitting next to the player with a card left. The other players can still put small cards but you're expected to put big cards.

Sounds like a stupid rule but there you go.

let me phrase it : what rule ??? its not even a rule , IT IS STUPID.... why must i guard for you to win ????? its free play thats count
Unread 7th August 2016
khookieman's Wawa
khookieman
Baby Wawa
khookieman has reputation level 1
Default Re: to hell with guarding

Its really very simple , albeit not mentioned officially in the Big2.5 rules but its practiced in the real life games , a good game + good players expect others to practice guarding, because, one of the strategies to win Big 2 (or Big2.5 in this case) is to force the opponents to sacrifice their strong cards. Normally at this point of the game, most good players can already estimate where the big cards are likely at. If you are unable to understand or cannot accept this concept, while its your right to do so, I hope you can respect the rooms which asks for players to guard and not make a fuss if they kick you out for not doing so or refuse to play with you.... let me put it to you another way, at any one point you may be the one with more cards but can win provided the person guards for you and he does not... its just about being fair..
Unread 8th August 2016
TOWKAYSOH's Wawa
TOWKAYSOH
Supreme Wawa
TOWKAYSOH has reputation level 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by khookieman View Post
but can win provided the person guards for you and he does not... its just about being fair..
IF guarding, the final result is a DRAW match. THIS is FAIR.

IF guarding, in collaboration with another player to have an advantage.
THIS is UNFAIR.

{ PERSONAL OPINION }
Unread 8th August 2016
ReineBee's Wawa
ReineBee
Baby Wawa
ReineBee has reputation level 1

Guard is not the rule but Guard is a tradition in the Big 2.5 are mostly done by the High Level, that's why sometimes High Level does not want to play with low level.

Same like Zany, Min bid 4 is a tradition in the Zany Bridge. if you bid 1-3 they does not want to play with you.

So if you does not want to play guard in Big you can go play with low level
Unread 9th August 2016
TOWKAYSOH's Wawa
TOWKAYSOH
Supreme Wawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineBee View Post
So if you does not want to play guard in Big you can go play with low level
What is HIGH level ??? What is LOW level ???
How HIGH is HIGH ??? How LOW is LOW ???

HIGH or LOW level is subjective.

HIGH level not necessarily know how to play GUARD.
LOW level can be very good at playing GUARD.

I will STAY & ADAPT to that room playing STYLE !!!
Unread 13th August 2016
khookieman's Wawa
khookieman
Baby Wawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOWKAYSOH View Post
IF guarding, the final result is a DRAW match. THIS is FAIR.

IF guarding, in collaboration with another player to have an advantage.
THIS is UNFAIR.

{ PERSONAL OPINION }
Towkaysoh,
It can never be a draw match, in a game like Big 2.someone has to win, its just how the game is.

When you play this game in real life, and the person next to you has the last card, so you throw your biggest card to try block him from winning. Lets say that your biggest card is not big enough, and the next player still ends up winning after all..so in real life, after that you are expected to show the other players the cards that you have left, to prove that you threw your biggest cards. Of course you can choose no to throw your biggest card, its your right to try win, but the rules are clear in that if the next player (holding the last card ) still wins, you will need to show the rest of the players your remaining cards.

If its found that you had a bigger card, but you chose to throw a smaller card, then you will be "punished" by paying for the losses of all the otter players + your own....

If you threw your biggest card and still loose, then its OK, you are forgiven.

This rule may sound stupid to some, but we didn't make up this rule, the inventor of the game did.

However in this game Big 2.5, there is no way to show that you have thrown your biggest card. Sometimes we need to trust that the other player is telling the truth, and also there is no way to "punish" any offenders...so that is why some players will only play with certain other players who has good reputation and deemed honest. or that they choose high level players because they assume that by being high level, that they are good and can be trusted...I know its not necessary the case, but its not a perfect world, and Viwawa Big 2.5 is certainly not the perfect system.....
Unread 13th August 2016
WondrousWeasel's Wawa
WondrousWeasel
Supreme Wawa
WondrousWeasel has reputation level 6

Guarding is part and parcel of the game, it's much more frustrating to have players in real life fail to throw their biggest card tbh.
Unread 13th August 2016
TOWKAYSOH's Wawa
TOWKAYSOH
Supreme Wawa

[QUOTE=khookieman;400307]Towkaysoh,
It can never be a draw match, in a game like Big 2.someone has to win, its just how the game is.

~~ YUP, i know, just a casual remark on what is FAIR.

If you threw your biggest card and still lose, then its OK, you are forgiven.

~~ SO, every time i have to ask for forgiveness in this game.
{ wow siong, lucky i am not a regular player in Big2.5 }
Unread 13th August 2016
khookieman's Wawa
khookieman
Baby Wawa

~~ SO, every time i have to ask for forgiveness in this game.
I suppose so towkaysoh, but that said, every time you win you have bragging rights too
Closed Thread